Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Old Pickle Jars into Pottery Barn Knockoffs

You might want to think twice before recycling your old pickle jars.
 
Upcycle them instead.
 


The inspiration came from Pottery Barns large mason jars
 
 
 
My version was made from large gallon size pickle jars,
(not quite as large as Pottery Barns Jar)
with twine wrapped around the top, secured with hot glue
 and two small pinecones glued on too.
 
 
My front porch has seven steps, so I made three and placed one on every other step.
Also, there are fresh pine sprigs and holly under and around each one.


The jars have epsom salt with a pillar candle inside of them.
The salt reminds me of snow. It even sparkles a little.
 
 
I love all of the natural elements and simplicity of these.
 
 
They could even be made from smaller jars too
and I think they would look nice indoors as well.
 
What do you think?
 
Oooooh, I just thought of this -
wouldn't they look pretty with fresh cranberries around the candle instead of the "snow".
 
 
I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season
and thank you so much for taking time to stop by.
 
 
'til next time,
post signature
 
 
 
Linking to:
52 Mantels
The Newlywed Pilgrimage
My Repurposed Life
 Design Dining and Diapers

11 comments:

  1. Love these ideas and shared them on Facebook page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Like YOUR idea much better than the original! Can't even tell the difference except for that added epson salt which I love so much more! Great idea! Thx for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this idea!! Will definitely start saving my pickel jars from now on! Will use this idea for my next house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this idea!! Will definitely start saving my pickel jars from now on! Will use this idea for my next house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burlap tied around the neck of the jar adorned with red holly berries would be pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như mua máy đưa võng ở tphcm địa chỉ ở đâu uy tín.

    ReplyDelete