Monday, December 16, 2013

Wood Christmas Sled Mini Makeover

After a wonderful visit at my moms last week,
 I came home with a truck load of goodies
 
This wood and metal sled was one of them!
 
 
It's definitely cute, but I decided to give it a mini makeover.

First, I made a wreath from faux pine branches and attached it.
Next, I painted the word BELIEVE on it using a stencil and white paint that I had.
 
 
After the paint dried, I lightly distressed it.

 
Then cut a piece of red and cream gingham homespun fabric to make a bow for the wreath.
The bow is wired onto the wreath with floral wire.

 
Like I mentioned, the sled was cute enough, but I like the little extra.
 
 
What do you think?
 
 
Would you have left it plain or given it a mini makeover too?
 
 
'til next time,
post signature
 
 
 
Linking to:
 Uncommon Designs Online
My Uncommon Sice of Suburbia
Home Stories AtoZ
I Should be Mopping the Floor
My Love 2 Create
The DIY Dreamer
Knick of Time Interiors
Snap Creativity
52 Mantels
The Newlywed Pilgrimage
My Repurposed Life
Design Dining and Diapers

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! You were featured this week at our wowza weekend link party, come grab a button! Have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete